George Bush hasn't been able to take a shit for the last 6 years without the Dems and the mainstream media trying to make a scandal of it. Even with all the help they get from the media, nothing seems to stick....There is a reason for that.
The mainsteam media and the left have worked hand in hand to bash Bush at every turn. And yet NOTHING sticks. But they really believe that if they repeat the lies often enough, people will believe them. Here are just some of the supposed 'scandals' of the Bush admin. Sadly for the left, none
have proven to be true.....
1. Stole the 2000 elections - Recounts by every major media outlet prove otherwise. Had the Supreme Court decided in Gore's favor, the Dems and the media would have nothing but the highest praise for the courts decision. The media did everything they could to sway the election, announcing that Gore had won while polls in the Western U.S. were still open.
2. Bush lied about WMD - Still, no proof of that whatsoever, just accusations. Being wrong is apparently now the same as lying. When John Kerry said he didn't own any SUV's was he mistaken or lying? Our intelligence agencies may have been mistaken, or Saddam may have ferried them out of the country as several of his former generals have testified. Funny isn't it, that 6 retired U.S. generals criticize the President and it's an instant media circus, but former Iraqi generals are completely ignored by the press.
3. Niger and Yellowcake - Bush never used the words "Niger" or "Yellowcake" in the 2003 SOTU. He did say, "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quanities of uranium from Africa". British Intelligence to this day stands behind this intel report. Joe Wilson lied about how he got the assignment and lied in his report. He did this right before the election, an election in which he was an advisor and contributor to the Kerry campaign, and had been promised a high level position in the Kerry Regime. Note that not a single member of the mainsteam media has questioned Wilson's version of events.
4. Plame Gate - There is still no proof whatsoever that Bush or Cheney leaked Plames' name. No indictments pertaining to Plame. No convictions. Furthermore, Plame was not a covert op and Joey use to brag about her CIA credentials at D.C. parties.
5. Looting of the Baghdad Museum - Remember how the media crucified Bush and Rumsfeld for the looting of the Iraq Museum during the initial invasion? The media and the Dems howled for weeks only to find out that the aniquities had been safely stashed before the invasion.
6. Abu Ghraib - The actions of a few bad apples was all it took for the media and the Dems to claim that the U.S. used torture on a level equal to that of the Nazi's. No connection, no secret memo has ever shown that torture was ordered by higher-ups. Those that committed torture are being tried, convicted, and punished, as they should be. But the U.S. is not a purveyor of torture. The left knows it, the media knows it, but it wont stop them from telling the world that and inflaming more hatred against the U.S.
7. Bush AWOL - Lots of accusations, lots of forged documents just weeks before the presidential election. This one gets the Gold Medal for deceit. A major media organization makes a concerted effort to defame Bush and influence an election. Shameful. All they got was a black eye and a public that no longer trusts them. Dan Rather and his troupe of ass-clowns lost their jobs, but the president didn't.
8. Bush Visits Iraq - 2004 - Bush flies to Baghdad to join the troops for Thanksgiving. Anxious to undercut the Baghdad trip's impact with the public, liberal journalists began circulating the false story that the bird Bush had been photographed holding was a fake. This claim was endlessly retailed; John Kerry and Michael Moore
repeated it, which should have been recognized as proof that it wasn't true, but so did many more respectable journalists. The media also played up the fact that Bush flew in secretly without notifying them. The Times was forced to print a retraction "An article last Sunday about surprises in politics referred incorrectly to the turkey carried by President Bush during his unannounced visit to American troops in Baghdad over Thanksgiving. It was real, not fake."
9. Missing Weapons Cache - Shortly before the election, the media reported that the U.S. had bungled the job and allowed a huge cache of Iraqi weapons to disappear. The NYT reported, "Huge Cache of Explosives Vanished From Site in Iraq"
Except for one small thing:
The story turned out to be completely bogus.
10. Stolen 2004 Elections - Ohio-Gate was the big scream from the left, yet after several investigations there is still not one shred of proof that anything out of the ordinary occurred in Ohio. In fact, Bush lost many states by smaller margins and didn't contest any of the results. The Dems are the sorest losers on the planet. The media tried hard to keep GOP voters from the polls, announcing in early exit polls that Kerry was winning in a landslide.
11. Flushed Korans - The left and the media pounced on this story about how U.S. soldiers were flushing the Koran to intimidate terrorists being held at Gitmo. Turned out to be a BOGUS story.
12. Killer Flu Virus - Remember the big flu virus right before the 2004 elections? There was a shortage of flu vaccines and their was going to be a flu pandemic. Kerry even made campaign commercials about it, claiming it was all Bush's fault. Turned out to be a non-story, no huge uptick in flu deaths that year, and no pandemic.
13. Mission Accomplished Banner - The banner was for the crew of the Lincoln which had just completed its tour of duty. It was not a banner for Bush. In fact, Bush said in his speech on the Lincoln, that while major combat operations had ended, there was much work remaining to be done regarding the recontruction, election of a new govt, and stabilizing the radical forces. To this day they are still whining about him wearing a flight suit.
14. Leaking Classified Docs To Media - Another non-scandal that hasnt' gained any traction. As Commander In Chief, as the Chief Executive, as the President of the United States, Bush has inherent priviledges that allow him to declassify information as he sees fit. It bothers the Dems and the media to no end that the President has powers that don't require approval from them.
15. NSA Wiretaps - Wiretaps to monitor calls to and from suspected terrorists. Something every president has done. Remember, it was the Kennedy's admin that was tapping MLK's phone. Yet, had there been an attack on the U.S. because we chose to ignore intelligence gathering operations, the left would be screaming bloody murder that Bush didn't do enough to stop the terrorists.
16. Katrina - Calls for Bush's head over what turned out to be the worst natural disaster in U.S. history. And it's all Bush's fault. Any honest person would admit that it would not have mattered who was in the White House, the result would have been the same. The federal govt is a clusterfuck of bureauacracy. Ignore the fact that the mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of LA were inept fools who did nothing to alleviate suffering, this was Bush's fault because Bush doesn't like black people.
17. Global Warming - It wasn't a problem until Bush got elected. Now in the last 5 years the world is coming to an end, glaciers melting, temperatures rising, more hurricanes. All because of George.
18. The Economy is in shambles - Home ownership at it's highest lever ever. Lowest unemployment rates in decades. CPI and GNP both up. Booming stock market, new jobs being created, tax cuts, and all during war time. What a failure this president is.
19. Dubai Port Deal - turns out most of our ports are ALREADY foreign owned. Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, and Reid had no problems with the Chinese taking over the Long Beach ports. But the thought of arabs owning it was a scandal. Forget the fact that these same politicians approved the sale of 60 F-16 fighters to the UAE, numerous munitions and weapons technology, AND Dubai services most of our warships in that hemisphere. The Dems were heartbroken when DP World pulled their bid, another non-scandal slipping through their fingers.
Everyday it's another manufactured scandal from the left. They think this is the way to win elections, by deceiving America. It hasn't worked so far. Why do suppose they haven't gotten the message?