.

(function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Sunday, March 26, 2006

If Only The Queen Had Balls

If only the elections were held today...

Over at the HuffPo there's some wishful thinking going on.
Sigh...such short memories. If only they had stopped the 2004 election at noon, when the liberal media had declared Kerry winning in a landslide based on the exit 'polls'...

If only elections and issues were resolved by 'polls' how lucky the democrats would be. If I answered a poll today that asked 'are you satisfied with Bush's current performance' I would answer 'no'. That doesnt mean I am voting for a democrat this fall. That doesnt mean I wish President Kerry was in the White House instead of President Bush (I voted for the guy with the higher college GPA).

If only I could go back in time and buy my powerball ticket....If only the Queen had balls, she'd be King...

1 Comments:

Blogger joe said...

I'm guessing the Huffington Post changed the headline on that since it now reads "House and Senate ready to go Democratic". (my bad, I didnt read the "in breif" synopsis huffpo put up I just looked at the main headline, and read the actual piece from Time. Glad I checked before I posted)

It may be that it is wishful thinking on the part of HuffPo, but what it links to is a Time article, in which most quotes come from republicans, while the message may not be a republican one, the article makes it's points quite well I think, and that is completely without any input from Huffington Post.

Yes! if only elections were led by polls we'd have a democracy, instead we are a republic, and our votes only count for a portion of who gets in, often it is a matter of electoral votes and in 2000 it was decided by those "activist judges" so many republicans seem to have a problem with, odd this one didnt bother them, but that's another matter entirely.

I didnt like Kerry either, he doesnt have a personality and his wife is a bit batty if you ask me, but all I have to go by is press acounts and video footage, and unless you know what you're doing, letting yourself be taped is a huge mistake, you always look like a fool. On the other hand, as I heard a comedienne opine last night, Bush seems to have chosen Yosemite Sam as his personality, and I dont want someone like that representing me to the rest of the world.

No choice in the matter now, and not much to be done about that until at least 2008, unless some of our judicial and legislative branches decide to take their power back from BushCo. I'm not holding my breath.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home