.

(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, March 24, 2006

GOP Floundering?

Democrats to Republicans : "You're Drowning"

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Ward said...

I think the GOP is floundering to a certain degree.. However, the polls have shown that this does not necessarily equal increased Democratic support.

It is hard to say what will happen in November, personally, I would like to see both the Democratics and the Republicans self-implode a liitle bit, so us Libertarians can be a viable force.

I do fear Democrats more than Republicans, but I think both parties have a real lack of ideas and mainly pander to people's emotions rather than their minds.

There is no doubt the GOP has lost influence recently. I would argue that most of this loss of credibility is due to disproportionately negative news about Iraq, wiretapping and other Defense-related media targets.

If Bush got a fair shake, I think that the GOP's support would remain relatively stable. However, Democrats don't have ideas and Bush says 'evildooers' too much for the educated majority and really alienates a large segment by talking down to the undereducated classes.

I was one of those people who for years, despite my Libertarian tendencies, never voted for them because I felt my vote wouldn't have an effect. At this point, I'm fed up with all of them, especially the rediculous political correctness from both sides of the aisle.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Jason Ward said...

I'll vote for Condi Rice or Giuliani if either run, but I can't see myself voting for any other Republican this time around.

On the Democratic side, I would likely vote for a Lieberman or Brian Schweitzer (Gov. - MT).. You should look up this guy from MT, I think even you may like him.

Assuming that none of these candidates make it past the primaries or do not run at all, I'll throw my vote to help build the Libertarians.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home